It’s now become a staple of the Rowlinsons calendar to undertake a physical challenge for our Charity Partner each summer and 2024 sees us raise the stakes as we take to the sky. On 27 th June three members of the Rowlinsons team Minnie Alam, Cerys...
Location: Sutton Weaver
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Benefits: Company Pension Scheme, Hybrid Working available, Wellbeing Packages, Reward and Recognition Schemes, Life Insurance Scheme, Free Office Parking and a Great Team Environment!
At Rowlinsons, we are a forward-thinking solicitor’s firm committed to delivering exceptional service to our valued clients. We take pride in our modern approach and are excited to welcome a new member to our team. If you are an ambitious and hardworking individual eager to advance your career in conveyancing, this opportunity is tailor-made for you.
As a Residential Property Assistant at Rowlinson's, your primary responsibility is to provide direct support to our Fee Earners, ensuring the seamless and efficient operation of our conveyancing processes. This role offers a unique chance to develop your skills and contribute to the success of our dynamic team.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Excellent IT skills.
- Strong organisational and multitasking abilities.
- A commitment to providing outstanding client service.
- Proactive and able to work with a high degree of self-management and initiative.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Preferably previous experience as a Conveyancing Assistant or experience of working in another professional office.
- Opening new files and issue new clients with Client Care Letters, Terms and Conditions etc.
- Preparing correspondence and documents through audio typing and word processing.
- Commissioning pre-exchange & pre-completion searches, obtain Legal Indemnity Policies and request documentation from the Land Registry.
- Arranging for all copying to be carried out and if Reception are not able to do so, undertake the task in person.
- Making appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary for his/her Fee Earner.
- Attending to clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- Accurately preparing all invoices and completion statements for submission to the Accounts Department and sending to clients.
- Correctly recording all funds that are remitted and received by completing posting slips and set files up for completion.
- Prepare all mail and enclosures for posting.
- Keeping the Practice Management System and all file inlay sheets up to date throughout the course of the transaction.
- Administer filing; This will include daily filing and also the archiving, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Manual.
- Provide support to other assistants and Reception as and when required.
- Provide guidance to Reception and temporary assistants as and when required to do so.
- Undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensure confidentiality of all the firms and client’s documentation and information.
- Comply with the Solicitor’s Accounts Rules and the Rules on the Professional Conduct of Solicitors or other professional body (if applicable).
- Comply with the requirements of the Lexcel and Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation and the protocols contained within.
Applications including covering letter & CV should be sent to email@example.com
Forward Thinking: We encourage thoughtful, creative and inspirational ideas from our team and clients to ensure that we continue to perform and excel.
Integrity: We make responsible decisions based on professional standards; each of us responsible for our actions and results.
Passion: We care about what we do, whether it be the clients we work with, our employees or our community.
Togetherness: We deliver better results when we work together and support each other. At Rowlinsons we have an inclusive team who all work collaboratively.
Knowledge: We have a team who are experts in their roles are continuously learning to ensure we are up to date with key legislative changes and developments.